Here's a list of activities affected by the government shutdown:
- First Friday/Fall Fest- Cancelled until further notice
- CE Customer Service - Open, but only working emergency work orders
- Visitor Control Center - Open normal hours
- Vehicle Operations - Open normal hours
- Vehicle Management - Open normal hours
- Personnel Property, Household Goods, and Passenger Travel Section- Open reduced hours, new hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on weekdays only until further notice.
- Fuels Management - Open normal hours
- Child Development Center - Open normal hours
- Youth Center- Open normal hours
- Family Child Care - Open normal hours
- Family Child Care Office- Closed
- Combat Fit East and West- Closed with the exception of the Crossfit group.
- Military Personnel Section (e.g. ID cards) - Open normal hours
- Base Dinning Facilities - Open normal hours
- Soundside Club - Open normal hours
- Aderholt and Commando Fitness Centers and Fitness Assessments - Open normal hours
- Golf Course - Open normal hours
- Lodging - Open normal hours
- Bowling Center - Open normal hours
- Outdoor Recreation/ITT - Open normal hours
- Education Center- Closed though individual school offices, Formal Training and volunteer/off-duty testing will remain open.
- Aquatic Center- Closed
- Riptide Fitness Center- Closed
- Airman and Family Readiness Center - Closed except for military reintegration briefings Tuesdays and Thursdays at 1 p.m. and pre-deployment briefings. Call Master Sgt. Sockman for more information at 884-6797. For emergency financial assistance through Air Force Aid contact command post at 884-8100.
- Library - Closed
- Auto-Hobby Shop - Open normal hours
- Plaque and Trophy Shop- Open normal hours
- Exchange - Open normal hours
- Commissary - Closed until further notice
- Legal Office- Open normal hours
- Public Affairs- Tours cancelled until further notice
- Chapel- Open normal hours
For those civilians affected by furloughs the Hurlburt Food Pantry is available by contacting your unit's first sergeant. Also Operation Warm Heart, run by the First Sergeant's Council, has emergency financial assistance available by contacting your first sergeant.
For more information on the government shutdown, visit www.defense.gov/home/features/2013/0913_govtshutdown/