HURLBURT FIELD, Fla. --
Tax season has begun, and the Hurlburt Field Tax Center is here to help.
The Hurlburt Field Tax Center is slated to open Feb. 3 for active-duty military members, retirees and dependents.
The Hurlburt Field Tax Center's trained volunteers will assist members in preparing and filing 2013 federal and state tax returns at no cost.
Services provided will include filing:
- Form 1040EZ
- Form 1040A
- Form 1040
- Schedules A, B, D, C-EZ, EIC, R, SE
- Form 1040-ES (estimated tax payment)
- Form 1040-V (balance due returns)
- Form 5329 (additional taxes on qualified plans)
- Form 5405 (first time homebuyers)
- Form 8880 (credit qualified retirement savings contribution)
- Form 8888 (allocation of refund)
- Child Tax Credit
- Education Credit
- Child and Dependent Care Credit
For more complicated returns, please call the tax center and a volunteer will help with an appropriate referral. Military OneSource also has a list of sites that do federal taxes for free, but the online free sites usually charge for state taxes.
Last year, Hurlburt Field Tax Center served almost 2,000 clients and saved over $325,000 in fees, while also garnering over $4,250,000 in refunds.
Located in building 90320, the Hurlburt Field Tax Center is open Mondays, Tuesdays, and Thursdays from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. and Wednesdays from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. The tax center is by appointment only; please call 884-8344 to make an appointment.
For more information on tax changes, visit www.irs.gov.