Eligibility and Options Available
(Note: These are Word documents. You will not generate a report or be automatically referred to anyone. It is for your information only.)
The DoD Safe Helpline provides a live, confidential and anonymous sexual assault hotline for the DoD community.
Text: 55.247 (in the U.S.)
- SARC - Jill Stewmon
- Deputy SARC – 1st Lt. Joshua Nance
- Staff Victim Advocate - Stephanie Witt
-24/7 Response Hotline: 850-884-7272
- Confidentiality protected while services extended.
- Chain of Command is not notified.
- An investigation does not take place.
- Victim Advocate will attend to the victim's needs and provide supportive, advocacy services
- Victim receives (if desired) medical treatment, forensic evidence collection, free and confidential legal advice/representation through the Special Victims' Counsel, counseling via Mental Health and/or Chaplain, off-base referrals.
- Victims can always convert a restricted report to an unrestricted report at any time.
-Chain of Command is notified.
- An investigation will take place.
- Victim Advocate will attend to the victim's needs and provide supportive, advocacy services.
- Victim cannot convert from unrestricted to restricted at any point in time.
-If a victim tells any member of law enforcement or their command then an Independent Investigation will take place; if the victim desires to formally report then the only option is an unrestricted report.
- If a victim tells a friend who in turn notifies law enforcement of their chain of command then an Independent Investigation will take place; if the victim desires to formally report then the only option is an unrestricted report.
- To preserve a victim's right to restricted reporting, contact the SAPR office first.
* MANDATORY REPORTERS*
- Direct Chain of Command (Unit CC, First Sergeant, Superintendent, direct supervisor/rater)
- Any member of Law Enforcement (AFOSI, SFS)
Fellow airmen, co-workers or senior members of the unit who are NOT in the direct chain of command are NOT considered a mandatory reporter and are encouraged to accompany the victim to the SAPR office or call the Hotline to seek information.
Hurlburt Field Useful Numbers/Resources
SAPR Office 424 Cody Avenue, Bldg. 90229, Hurlburt Field, FL 32544